If you ask anyone if they prefer to run outside or on a treadmill, you will most likely get a mixed response. Neither group is wrong. It’s a matter of preference, But many swear by the treadmill because they prefer a machine that is not subject to the weather and presents a timed and more structured workout. The truth is one way is not better than the other. The fact that you are making your health and fitness a priority is the most important factor in the equation. Whether you are 21 or 55, the Youfit fitness club in Pinellas Park has an excellent fitness routine for you whether it’s exercising on the treadmill, elliptical, or the many other exercise machines we have dispersed throughout our fitness center. There is so much variety here that you’ll always find something to do when you come by. No matter if your preference is running outside or on a treadmill, at Youfit fitness club in Pinellas Park, we believe that either one can benefit you in your quest to achieve your health and fitness goals.
What are the benefits of running outside?
- Running on the pavement is good for you. Some people say they like running on a stiffer surface like a sidewalk because it can actually help strengthen your bones according to some studies.
- Running outside is never boring. You can take different routes and enjoy different scenery every day. Some runners who are training for marathons also prefer running outside to get the true experience of running in an outdoor race.
- Running outside often means you have to sometimes dodge obstacles like people, dogs, fences, or bushes. While this does not seem like a positive aspect of running outside, many tried and true runners say they like it because it helps build up their stamina.
What are the benefits of running on a treadmill?
1. It’s easy to do. Some people don’t care to dodge obstacles while they run. The treadmill, unlike running outside, presents an easy workout with even terrain so you don’t have to worry about injuring yourself.
2. Treadmills simulate walking outside pretty well. Treadmills can actually simulate uphill and downhill running. Fitness experts agree that running on an incline is one of the best ways to burn calories and lose weight.
3. When you run outdoors, you’re subject to unpredictable weather. In Pinellas Park, especially in the summer, rainstorms are common and you may endure a sudden rainstorm while on your run. Running on a treadmill inside a gym allows you to keep up with your fitness routine no matter the weather outside.
3. Easily monitors your heart rate. Many treadmills come with built-in heart monitors that allow you to track your heart rate as you go along. You can be alerted if your heartbeat goes too high, which can be dangerous, or if it goes to low, which means you aren’t getting the most out of your workout.
4. Prepares you for other exercises. The 10 or 15-minute fast-paced walk or run on the treadmill offers a great starting point for your routine at the gym. The treadmill warms up every part of your body and prepares you for our Express 30-minute interval circuit at Youfit fitness club in Pinellas Park. Running on a treadmill is also much easier on your knees and joints than if you were running outside on an uneven sidewalk or hill.
At Youfit fitness club in Pinellas Park, we want to help you achieve all of your health and fitness goals. And working out on a treadmill is just one of the many exercise machines that we offer at our gym. If you’re thinking about starting an exercise program or just want to speak with one of our trainers about customizing a specific routine, don’t hesitate to stop by the Youfit fitness club in Pinellas Park on 66th St. Remember to ask us about our monthly membership specials. We look forward to working out with you soon!